Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services was established in 1879. Today, as Ireland’s largest hospice, we are a 200 bed facility and pride ourselves on providing specialist, excellent and person centred loving care for those with a wide range of needs from rehabilitation to end of life care.
Our core values of Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Quality and Advocacy, both for our patients and their families are at the heart of everything that we do.
As such, our promise is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness and we are truly grateful for the generous support we receive from the local and business community. We will ensure that we are accountable and transparent in all areas so that all donors have full confidence in the way in which we run our organisation and fundraising practices.
To ensure that we meet our commitment to our donors Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services will:
• Comply with the ‘Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public’ as developed by the Charities Regulator
• Treat all donors with respect and confidentiality
• Respect a donor’s right to privacy and will comply with the laws relating to the use of personal data and fundraising best practice
• Ensure that our communication with our donors is honest and transparent
• Handle donations responsibly, wisely and for the appeal for which it was intended
• Remove donor details from our database upon request
All donations will be:
• Handled responsibly and to the greatest benefit of the beneficiary
• Handled with the highest level of accuracy and transparency and financial records will be kept to ensure accountability and tracking
• Acknowledged promptly. (Please note that this is not always possible if we do not have sufficient or correct contact details)
• Applied to that purpose to which they were donated. If that area has since been fully funded or the funds are not required in that area, the donor will be contacted and an alternative funding need will be suggested.
• Subjected to an annual audit by a firm of independent Auditors and our annual reports and audited annual financial statements are available from our head office in Harold’s Cross or on our website at www.olh.ie.
• We prepare our financial statements in accordance with FRS102 and Charities SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice).
Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services staff will:
• Treat all donors with respect, honestly and openness
• Be transparent, accurate and honest
• Achieve the highest standards of professionalism at all times
• Seek to minimise costs relating to fundraising activities
• Inform our donors about our services, our mission, developments and the impact their donations achieve
• Provide donors with access to the procedures for making and responding to complaints. To see more please visit www.olh.ie
• Give truthful and forthright answers to questions or queries donors might have about fundraising or the organisation.