We have implemented a range of changes and protections to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in accordance with national guidelines.
- Visitors are always welcome and we have no set visiting hours. Our doors are always open to family and friends.
- If you wish to have visitors restricted, please bring this to the attention of the nursing staff and we will do our utmost to support your request.
- We ask that you respect the privacy of others and that you limit the number visiting at any given time to a maximum of five people.
- Children are always welcome but must be supervised at all times.
- Pets are an important part of our families and are welcome to visit. Please check with the Ward Manager in advance.
- All visitors should clean their hands on entering and leaving OLHCS.
- Wear a surgical mask on arrival (available in reception/ security) for the duration of your visit.
- Be advised that visiting restrictions may apply in the event of an Outbreak.
- Please do not visit if you have gastro symptoms, symptoms of a cold or flu, are COVID-19 positive or are a close contact to a COVID-19 positive person – exceptions can be made on case by case basis, please talk to us.
Welcome to Blackrock Hospice
How to get here
- Directions to Blackrock Hospice
- Dublin Bus
There is a good bus service from the City Centre to Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services, Blackrock. Bus routes: 4, 7, 7A, & 17 are a 5 minute walk away. See here for more information https://www.transportforireland.ie/
Blackrock Dart Station is an 8 minute walk away. See here for more information: https://www.dublinpublictransport.ie/dart-times
The nearest LUAS station is the Green Luas Line Kilmacud Stop which is 5.1km from Blackrock Hospice. See here for more information: https://goo.gl/maps/EeLBsfuagdyNNvMZ8
Free parking is available onsite.
Bicycle bay available on site near main reception. Please note spaces are limited.
Welcome to Blackrock Hospice
- Spacious Palliative Care Bedrooms
- Family sitting room
- Family overnight facility
We have limited access to an overnight room for family members. In general, this is only offered to those families whose loved ones are in the last days of their life. However, please note that every specialist palliative care bedroom has a couch that can fold-down into a bed if required so that you can stay with your loved one. Unfortunately, please note that longer term accommodation cannot be provided.
Our restaurant is open for breakfast and lunch daily.
- Free on-site parking
Beautiful onsite gardens.
- Chapel / Reflection room
- Free Visitor Wi-Fi
- Children are permitted to visit
Please check with the Ward Manager in advance.
- Flowers are accepted in the Hospice
- The Hospice is a smoke-free campus
However, there is a small designated smoking shelter for residents and visitors on the grounds.
- Letters and parcels are…
delivered to the wards on a daily basis. Patients can easily post letters and can contact their ward clerk in this regard. Only letters bearing a postage stamp will be posted.
- Blackrock village is 450 metres away from Blackrock Hospice. There are numerous restaurants and pubs in the area.
- Frascati & Blackrock Shopping Centers are 500 meters away from Blackrock Hospice.