25th Annual Moving Points in Palliative Care Conference – Presentations are available on YouTube.
In March 2019, over a hundred participants signed up for our 25th Annual Moving Points in Palliative Care Conference. The theme this year was “Changing Dynamics in Specialist Palliative Care – Looking Back and Moving Forward”, provided an ideal opportunity for critical debate regarding challenges relating to advancing practice in specialist palliative care setting.
We were honoured to have a number renowned international speakers who presented on the day:
- Professor Bee Wee, National Clinical Director for End of Life Care for NHS. Consultant in Palliative Medicine at Sir Michael Sobell House, Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Associate Professor and Associate Director of Clinical Studies at University of Oxford.
- Mr Asim Sheikh, Assistant Professor UCD School of Medicine, BA, LLM, Barrister-at-Law specialising in clinical negligence and all aspects of medical / healthcare law.
- Professor Philip Larkin, Professor of Palliative Care, Academic Director, Institute for Training and Research, The University of Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Dr Michael Lucey, Consultant in Palliative Medicine, Milford Care Centre
- Professor Sonja McIlfatrick, Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing, Faculty of Life & Health Sciences, Ulster University.
24th Annual Moving Points in Palliative Care Conference – Four talks are available on YouTube.
In March 2018, over a hundred participants signed up for our 24th Annual Moving Points in Palliative Care Conference. The theme this year was on building resilience. Through the expert hands of Dr. Michael Kearney and Dr. Radhule Weininger, conference participants had a unique experience to explore the nurturing triad of mindfulness, self-compassion and nature connection.
Rheum for Health ~ Multidisciplinary Bi-Annual Conference on Healthy Living with Arthritis- Three talks are available on YouTube.
The first ever ‘Rheum for Health Conference’ was held in the Education & Research Centre in December 2017. The conference was opened with an inspiring and thought provoking presentation on ‘The Power of Fat’ by the renowned Professor Donal O’Shea, HSE Clinical Lead for Obesity.
A key objective of the conference was to capture the multidisciplinary team approach to caring for patients with chronic illnesses.
With expert international speakers, this exciting one day conference will explore the increasingly recognised area of self-care and compassion in healthcare. Speakers will focus on individual needs and how organisations can support them. It will highlight the importance of reflection and resilience and enable participants to develop vital skills in this important area. We are delighted to welcome Dr Michael Kearney, the internationally renowned palliative care expert, speaker and author who will provide the morning session. In the afternoon we are honoured to have Professor Philip Larkin, of UCD and President of the European Association for Palliative Care speaking on compassion, a subject on which he has researched and written extensively.
The weekly sessions are open to all staff with specific emphasis on postgraduate physicians, medical staff, and nurses. Professionals from other healthcare disciplines are welcome to attend; this does not include members of the general public.
Each week the talk is streamed to off site locations (currently Blackrock, Wicklow Palliative Team and Milford Care Centre). To gain access to Grand Rounds streaming, please contact email@example.com
Click on the ‘full screen’ icon in the bottom right of a video to enlarge
Dr Louise Larkin – Physical Activitiy in Rheumatoid Arthritis
From the Rheum for Health conference on Dec 5 – 2017.
The Cicely saunders Annual Lecture 2017: Proffessor Kissane.
Lecture starts at roughly 30 minutes in.
Grand Rounds: Anticoagulation in Palliative Care Patients from Education & Research. Dr Lucy Balding