- Palliative Care
- Specialist Palliative Care Referral Form
- Medical Professionals Area
- Palliative Meds Info
- Palliative Meds Info Newsletters
- Choice of Therapy: Symptom Management
- Guidelines on Medicines Administration
- Serotonin Syndrome
- Non-Opioid Pain Management
- Our Palliative Care Booklet
- Harold’s Cross
- Additional Information
- Patients’ Information
- Visitors’ Information
- Palliative Care Respite
- Palliative Care Support Beds (Level II)
- Community Palliative Care
- Specialist Palliative Care Unit
- Who is Referred to Palliative Care
- How to be Referred
- Our Team
- What We Do
- What is Palliative Care?
- Euthanasia and Assisted Dying
For the most up-to-date details please visit https://olh.ie/covid-19-updates/
Outside of Covid restrictions, we typically operate an open policy for visiting and welcome family and friends including children. We even welcome domestic pets!
Each patient room has been designed with an overnight bed, which the staff can set up so you can spend time with your loved one.
Limited parking spaces are provided for visitors. There is no charge for the use of these facilities.
Letters and parcels are delivered on a daily basis.
Patients can post letters and parcels that are stamped by asking staff for assistance.
Letters and parcels are delivered to the wards on a daily basis. Patients can easily post letters , they need only ask their ward clerk about this. Only letters bearing a postage stamp will be mailed.
When Covid restrictions finish we hope to provide a restaurant space for family and friends to relax with their loved ones.
Patients may smoke in a dedicated external smoking area. Note, this is strictly for patient use only.