Medical Professionals Area
Our Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Disease Unit (RMDU), a winner of the ‘Best Rheumatology Unit’ in the Arthritis Ireland Awards, is a consultant-led, pioneering service, with a unique programme of care to delivered to patients by a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team.
Ours is the only rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease unit in the country which specialises in the rehabilitation of patients with primary or secondary degenerative disease and the only facility in Ireland which provides vitally important pre-operative rehabilitation and post-operative rehabilitation care to patients with complex musculoskeletal disease complaints who are undergoing major orthopaedic.
Our RMDU is the only unit in Ireland to provide:
• An assessment and rehabilitation programme to patients with complex problems or chronic regional pain syndrome (CPRS).
• Spondyloarthropathy patients with a comprehensive MDT rehabilitation programme including hydrotherapy.
• A comprehensive fertility/ pregnancy advisory and support service for patients with inflammatory arthritis.
• A comprehensive, ANP-led complex case rheumatic disease continuing care programme
• A comprehensive MDT treatment programme to adolescents with chronic rheumatic diseases.
As leaders in the field of rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease care, we are constantly updating our service, our staff training programmes and our facilities to give our patients the best support and care possible.
For more information about the kind of patients who are referred to our service click here.
For more information about how patients are referred to our service click here.
RMDU referral form 150116
RMDU Referral form for GPs
Click here to download