“This beautiful recipe book should be on every kitchen shelf in every home. It contains not only the recipes of meals enjoyed by families throughout the country but the memories of the moments that have accompanied them. This is the type of book you pass down to a son or daughter and I’m very proud to be supporting such an important book for such a worthy charity.”
Mixing Bowl Cooking Competition
Stay at home and Bake for Hospice!
Baking has become a really popular pastime other the last few months – the shops even ran out of flour at one stage!
For the experienced cooks out there lockdown has created opportunity to try out new recipes, for children it is a great way to have fun and keep busy.
Well now you have the opportunity to show off your cooking and baking skills, help raise some funds for Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services and possibly win yourself a special hamper for your efforts!
The Mixing Bowl – Second Helpings is a special collection of family favourites drawn from recipes supplied by our staff, volunteers, patients and residents. It contains over 70 great ideas to try out in the kitchen from starters and light bites, through main meals and tasty desserts! It includes a special dish supplied by renowned chef Neven Maguire.
To enter our competition simply buy the book, select one of the recipes, make this yourself at home and then send us in a picture of the finished result. We won’t be able to taste all your entries, but we will select which one looks the tastiest.
Competition Rules – How does it work?
- You have to cook one of the recipes from Mixing Bowl – Second helpings
- Take a photo of your finished dish and email it to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You agree to allow us to feature your photos on our Facebook page
- The competition will run for the whole month of July 2020 and you can enter as many times as you wish.
- The winner will be selected by our Head Chef here in the Hospice, based on the photos sent in to us.
- The Prize is a special hamper full of goodies plus a €100 voucher for Locks Restaurant in Portabello, Dublin 8; no other prize alternatives.
- The winner will be announced 03 August 2020 and must agree to have their name published on our Facebook site
- Competition not open to OLH&CS staff.
That’s all there is to it! Grab yourself a copy of the book today and happy baking!