Patient Priority Pledge
As part of our Clinical Governance Framework a new quality initiative the Patient Priority Pledge was launched in 2012 to improve patients/residents experiences in Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services.
This assists Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services to ensure continued focus on our Quality Accounts.
- The full title of the Initiative is “The Patient Priority Pledge – Your Journey, Our Mission”.
- The title was selected by presenting a selection of titles to the patients/residents and choosing the top two preferences.
- A “pledge” was developed which includes a set of shared values and behavioural standards expected of staff. This has been designed into a poster format that is displayed outside each unit so that patients/residents will know what to expect in Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services.
- The Patient Priority Pledge has been translated into a pocket size challenge card. All staff are encouraged to carry this card.
- There are five other components to the initiative
- Key Performance Indicators/Audit
- Step Into My World
- Champions Groups
- Linking Education with Practice – L.E.A.P.
- Quality, Performance and Practice Group (QPG)