Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services was established in 1879. Today, as Ireland’s largest hospice, we are a 200 bed facility and pride ourselves on providing specialist, excellent and person-centred loving care for those with a wide range of needs from rehabilitation to end-of-life care.
There are no charges for the services provided by Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services and our core values of Human Dignity, Compassion, Justice, Quality and Advocacy, both for our patients and their families are at the heart of everything that we do.
As such, our promise is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness and we are truly grateful for the generous support we receive from the local and business community. We will ensure that we are accountable and transparent in all areas so that all donors have full confidence in the way in which we run our organisation and fundraising practices.
To ensure we meet our commitment to our donors Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services will:
- Comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
- Treat all donors with respect and confidentiality
- Respect your right to privacy and will comply with the laws relating to the use of personal data and fundraising best practice
- Ensure that our communication with you is honest and transparent
- Handle your donation responsibly, wisely and for the appeal it was intended
- Remove your details from our database upon your request
All donations will be:
- Handled responsibly and to the greatest benefit of the beneficiary
- Handled with the highest level of accuracy and transparency and financial records will be kept to ensure accountability and tracking
- Acknowledged promptly. (Please note that this is not possible if we do not have sufficient or correct contact details)
- Applied to that purpose to which they were donated. If that area has since been fully funded or the funds are not required in that area, the donor will be contacted and an alternative funding need will be suggested.
- Subjected to an annual audit by a firm of independent Auditors and our annual reports and audited annual financial statements are available from our head office in Harold’s Cross or on our website here
As a charity seeking donations from the public and business community Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services is committed to compliance with the ‘Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising’, please see the details here: Statement of Guiding Principles of Fundraising
We prepare our financial statements in accordance with FRS102 and the Charities SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice). For more information about Charity SORP please see here: http://www.charitysorp.org/
Our registered charity number is CHY1144 and we are regulated by the Charities Regulatory Authority
For more information about our complaints policy please see here: Commitment to Standards in Fundraising Practice
Any comments or complaints should be addressed to: Eleanor Flew, Director of Fundraising & Communications, Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services, Harold’s Cross, Dublin 6W
Tel: 01-491 1072
Lo-call 1850 660606