Last year our Mini Marathon participants helped to raise almost €80,000 – a sincere THANK YOU from all of us and a huge well done to all who took part! The funds raised through sponsorship helped us to maintain vital services to patients and their families in the face of on-going cutbacks and increased demand.
On your marks, get set, GO!
The 2018 VHI Women’s Mini Marathon is on Sunday 3rd June at 2pm and the VHI Race registration opens 07 March.
There are loads of worthy charities, of course, we’d love if you could join our Mini Marathon team! Whether you walk, run or jog the 10km on the day, you can be assured that the funds that you raise for Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services are going to help provide the type of loving, patient-centred care that so many depend upon at the end of their own life marathons.
Runners everywhere have already started calling us to ask about our free Hospice T-Shirts and asking how they can Run for Hospice.
Sign up below to join our Team
Please remember: this event is limited in the numbers it allows to run , so your best bet is commit now while you’re feeling like it! Just fill in the form below to join our team and we’ll send you out your application form and your mini marathon sponsorship pack! That will be it then… you’ll be committed! It will be time to start those evening jogs… build it up and work those legs. (Just remember to register with Vhi come 07 March!)
Note: Registering with Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services does not mean you have registered for the race.
Remember that you need to register with the VHI Women’s Mini Marathon either online www.vhiwomensminimarathon.ie or by using forms available in the Evening Herald each Wednesday and Saturday. Entries close in May OR when maximum entries reached. If you’ve any questions please email us on email@example.com or call 01-4911072. See you at the start line!
Terms & Conditions
Sponsorship Cards are issued subject to the following conditions:
- Any change of participants address must be notified to Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services.
- You must only seek sponsorship from people who are known to you personally or who live in your immediate vicinity. Door to door calls are not permissible unless you know the residents and in all cases should be made during daylight hours.
- The full name and address of all persons offering sponsorship and the amount sponsored must be clearly stated on your card at the time of its donation.
- Card/s should not be altered or defaced nor should it/they be used for any other purpose than specified event.
- Card/s will remain the sole property of the Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services . Any loss or theft of card/s must be reported to Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services immediately.
- In the event of your card/s being incomplete or unused, it must be returned to Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services.
- Card/s are issued for the applicants use only and must not be passed on to third parties seeking sponsorship on your behalf. (Cards can be issued in the name of the third parties if wished).
- All monies must be returned to Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services together with the relevant sponsorship card within one month of the event.
- I understand that photographs/interviews/or films taken by Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services at this event will be used for Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services publications/promotional materials, its website, social media outlets (such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) or video sharing site (such as YouTube).
- I understand that Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services may also use photographs/interviews/films to promote its mission and generate awareness of its range of services i.e. palliative, elder and rheumatology care.
- As it is not always possible for us to ask each individual’s permission to use a photo/interview/film we kindly ask that if you do not wish to be photographed/interviewed/filmed that you make this known at the time of the event.
- I understand that Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services cannot control the use of photos/interviews/films taken by an outside organisation e.g. media.
These conditions are to safeguard the integrity of those seeking and those giving sponsorship and to comply with the wishes of the Gardai.
Terms accept *
I agree to the terms outlined above.
- Remember:We want you to enjoy your event and stay safe! Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury caused during the event. The Hospice’s insurance does not cover property or the property of any helpers or guests, nor does it cover your personal liability for any injury suffered by yourself or event participants. Remember to use common sense when it comes to health and safety.
- The Fundraiser agrees to release the Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services to the fullest extent permissible under law for claims and demands of any kind, and from all liability that may arise in respect of any damage, loss or injury occurring to any person, except where such liability arises because of the negligence of Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services or its agents.
- Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services reserves the right to terminate the agreement relating to an event at any time if it appears that a likelihood of the Fundraiser failing to adhere to any of the above terms and conditions. there is a likelihood of the Fundraiser failing to adhere to any of the above terms and conditions.