This half day workshop will provide nurses, doctors and pharmacists with an opportunity to develop the theoretical knowledge and practical skill required to manage subcutaneous infusions using the McKinley T34 Ambulatory Syringe Pump.
At the end of this programme participants will be able to:
- Identify the indications for use of a syringe pump.
- Demonstrate awareness of drug combinations, compatibilities and interactions.
- Understand professional responsibility and accountability issues surrounding use of the syringe pump.
- Prepare and assemble a syringe pump.
- Outline the care and maintenance requirements of the syringe pump.
- Trouble-shoot issues that can arise with the syringe pump
The Opioid Conversion component centres on the common calculations required when caring for an individual on opioid medications. This is also a key competency for candidates undertaking the 8 week distance learning palliative care course.
Accreditation Certificate from Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services. Nurses: Category 1 approval with 2 CEUs from An Bord Altranais (Nursing Board).
For further information and to register for this course please download form below.