The Library and Information Service is a specialised resource providing an up-to-date collection of books, journals, electronic resources, reports, multimedia materials and other information in subject areas such as:
• Hospice and Palliative care
• Death and Bereavement
• Care of the Older Person
• Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Disease
• Complementary and Creative Art Therapies
• Spiritual care
• Nursing and Medicine
• Allied and Social Care
• Healthcare Management.
Specific resources and facilities include:
• Over 3,500 books and 40 specialised journals
• Access to nursing, medical and allied health electronic resource databases such as CINAHL Complete, Medline with Full Text and UpToDate.
• Theses and reports collection
• A database of publications undertaken by Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services staff
• Computer and Internet access
• Photocopying service
• A separate reading room with WiFi access
The Library and Information Service is available to staff, volunteers and students on clinical placement in Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services.
Anyone else who would like to visit can use the library for reference purposes only.
Please contact the librarian in advance to make an appointment.