Library and Information Service<< Back to Main page
The Library and Information Service is a specialised resource providing an up-to-date collection of books, journals, electronic resources, reports, multimedia materials and other information in subject areas such as:
• Hospice and Palliative care
• Death and Bereavement
• Care of the Older Person
• Rheumatic and Musculoskeletal Disease
• Complementary and Creative Art Therapies
• Spiritual care
• Nursing and Medicine
• Allied and Social Care
• Healthcare Management
Specific resources and facilities include:
• Over 3,500 books and 40 specialised journals
• Access to nursing, medical and allied health electronic resource databases such as CINAHL Complete, Medline with Full Text and UpToDate.
• Theses and reports collection
• A database of publications undertaken by Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services staff
• Computer and Internet access
• Photocopying service
• A separate reading room with WiFi access
The Library and Information Service is available to staff, volunteers and students on clinical placement in Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services. Anyone else who would like to visit can use the library for reference purposes only. Please contact the librarian in advance to make an appointment.
Monday – Friday:
08.00am – 16.00pm
(Open during lunchtime)
Monday & Friday:
08.00am – 18.00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday:
08.00 am – 20.00 pm
Opening hours are subject to change.
Please contact the library in advance to set up an appointment.
First Floor,Education and Research Centre
Librarian (BA, MSocSc, HDipLIS)
T: 01-4068 703